Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 201 - Nelson - Kelowna

Distance travelled (by bike): 28,450

After a phenomenal weekend it was hard to leave Nelson. But i had places to be, I was meeting Phoebe (my sister) in Kelowna, she had travelled from Vancouver to spend a few days playing motorcycle traveller. 
Riding west i left the invisible bubble that surrounds Nelson, keeping the rain away and the sun shinning. I got soaked, travelling parallel to the US border the clouds seem to stalk me along the way. Twisting though the rockies on the forest roads riding alongside the river i was glad that BA had warned me that if a deer jumps out theres usually another close behind. One jumped out infront of me, brakes slammed on, out walks another deer, looks at me and wanders across the road.
Kelowna, located in the Okanagan valley is home to some of the best vineyards in Canada and the famous illusive lake monster called Ogopogo which apparently lives in Lake Okanagan. Meeting Phoebe, having not seen her for 9 months was fantastic, blowing the budget on a lot of drinks and some great food









No comments:

Post a Comment